How to Download and Access your eBook on an iPad
Before you can begin enjoying your Downloaded version of your eBook, please read all of the following:
- An iPad with iOS 4.2 or later
- Safari web browser
- An Apple ID and iTunes account
- The iBooks App version 1.2 or later installed
- Broadband internet connection
- Minimum of 3GB of Available Storage
- Auto-Lock Disabled (sleep mode disabled)
In order to use your ebook you will need to have the iBooks app installed.
Disable Auto-lock (sleep mode)
To temporally disable sleep mode go to Settings > General > Auto-lock. Change Auto-lock to Never.
Downloading and installing the eBook from EMC Publishing
Carefully read through these instructions. When you are finished, check the box at the bottom of this page labeled “I have read all of the information above and am ready to download.” The Begin Download button will appear.
To start your eBook download, tap the Begin Download button.
- Please do not leave this page or perform any other actions during download.
- Depending on your connection speed, download times will vary. Expect up to 15 minutes or more for eBooks with a lot of audio and video content.
- The address bar will display the progress of your download.
- When the download completes, you will be prompted to open the file.
When prompted, tap on the Open in “iBooks” button ONLY ONCE.
- This copies your eBook from Safari to iBooks and then the iBook app will load
- The eBook will open automatically when the entire process is complete
- Due to the size of the eBook, please allow 5-10 minutes for the book to automatically open in the iBooks app.
- DO NOT TAP the Open in “iBooks” button MORE THAN ONCE. IT WILL RESULT IN ERRORS DURING INSTALLATION.
Once your textbook opens in the iBooks app, it is ready for use.
To re-enable Auto-lock go to Settings > General > Auto-lock. Change Auto-lock to your desired setting.
Was this article helpful?
Still Need Help?
If you can't find the answers to your questions, please feel free to contact our Support Team.
Register for Q/A Session